Friday, April 17, 2015

Arty Kiddos

Here's an update on the kids' art...It's fun to look at the last post about what they were drawing/painting.  The contrast from then to now is so exciting!  They grow up so fast!
Aaronie has yet to really do much drawing.  He's 4, but he just hasn't done much with a pen or pencil.  He loves clay, and he has ventured into painting a little lately, so we'll keep working with him until he gains some more confidence and therefore more interest.
But Nora and Sara, especially Sara, love everything arty.
These pieces were all done in South Dakota, so Nora had just turned 6 and Sara was still 4...
I wish I had their names on each of these, but I believe this is Sara's:

The snowman is Nora's.  She saw me take color notes on a drawing once, so that explains it.  Look at the note below: "Im.invitng.you.ovr. BRING A CAT".  Hahahahaha
These are all Sara:



And I LOVE this one, by Nora.  I love how big the Holy Ghost is, and how he has his arm around her.

Also while in South Dakota, we did an art activity with all of the primary-age kiddos from our church.  We did print-making, collage, watercolors, and then we did this collaborative piece:

I drew in the figures and painted all of the faces and hands, etc..  Then I mixed up some different yellows and greens in acrylic and let them go.  I touched up over the top with some oils and then my kiddos did some drawing with acrylic markers.  I've never really been too sentimental about any of my art, but a had a little moment while painting this, seeing Christ with my children...

Anywho, now we are in the mountains of Utah.  The weather is great!  And we have a fenced-in yard!  So we've had some fun with different art supplies.  We set up some watercolors outside, and the kiddos decided to paint the trees and the scrap wood instead of just paper.


Painting inside with cookie sheets works too.

And blowing watercolors around with straws...
Aaron is painting, everyone!  Hurrah!
And last, but not least, we've been learning to weave.  We got them some cardboard looming boards (basically a thick piece of cardboard with notches all around the edges--you really could make it yourself) and let them pick out their own yarn.  And they loved it!  Each of them made something, and now they're learning to make pom-poms.  They even took their looms to church to keep them busy during the main (sacrament) meeting.  Art for the win!



No comments:

Post a Comment